News in Uganda
- Concern as charcoal prices sharply rise
A closer look showed that most of the sellers had stopped measuring charcoal for Shs1,000 and...
- Aids Commission warns of HIV infection ahead of festive season
Ms Ruth Awori asked the government to increase interventions that focus on reducing infections...
- Govt to buy HIV, malaria test kits from local firm
This will also create 1,500 direct jobs and 5,000 indirect jobs
- Court sets date to hear petition against anti-gay law
Sitting as a single judge of the Constitutional Court on November 28, Justice Geoffrey...
- Boy, 9, kills self after school holds him over fees balance
The late child and two other pupils were blocked by the school administrators from going home...
- Bugiri rural primary schools get sanitation facilities
The Buwunga Sub-county chief, Ms Juliet Kisakye, said the sanitation facilities will help in...
- Go face trial, court tells minister Kitutu
Minister Kitutu sought court’s declarations to, among others, discontinue her trial on grounds...
- Sickle cell patients decry stigma
The majority of the patients and their caretakers also complained of expensive treatment
- US charges Indian man in alleged assassination plot
The plot targeted a US citizen in New York who was part of a Sikh separatist group, prosecutors say.
- Marvel's Jonathan Majors in court over assault charge
The actor, who had recent roles in blockbuster films, allegedly had a ”domestic dispute” with his girlfriend.
- Cobre Panamá: Panama orders controversial copper mine's closure
Environmentalists warned the mine threatened water supplies and damaged Panama's coastal area.
- Anger and despair as Palestinians queue for supplies during truce
Palestinians are filled with anger and despair as they seek basic supplies during the truce in Gaza.
- Uttarakhand tunnel collapse: The story behind this heartwarming father-son kiss
The son was among 41 workers who were trapped in a tunnel in India's Uttarakhand state for 17 days.
- Family return to wreckage of their Gaza home
Wael Qudeih has already had to rebuild his family home twice after previous conflicts.
- US military aircraft with six aboard crashes off Japan island
Japan's Coast Guard says one person has died in the crash off Yakushima Island in the south-west.
- Gazans queue for days for a limited supply of cooking gas, BBC told
The wait, however, could be futile, as demand is far greater than supply.
Get to Know Your Presenters
From The Best Diaspora Radio