News in Uganda
- Two shot, Shs21,000 stolen as gunmen raid Ntinda soda depot
An eyewitness said the raid happened as staff were balancing books after the day’s sale
- Four remanded over Nansana school director’s murder
They were remanded to Luzira prison until September 26
- 2023 Berlin Marathon: 22 Ugandans share stage with Kiplimo, Kipchoge
Among those helping Kipchoge push his mantra of “no human is limited” will be Uganda’s...
- Why Fufa severing ties with Micho is primed to be a case of ‘fool me twice’
It will, however, be foolhardy to believe, as many Cranes enthusiasts appear to, that the...
- UPDF soldier detained over domestic violence kills two, injures three at police
Pte Peter Lokidi had been detained over domestic violence
- How third place finish saved Rugby Cranes 7s’ 2024 season
In Zimbabwe, Uganda arrived as one of the teams to beat after all they were defending Champions.
- Soccer Without Borders Scores Goals of Hope for Refugee Children
The Girls’ tournament, which is held every school term holiday was celebrating its eighth...
- 2023/24 Fufa Big League: Money, contenders, pretenders and relegation candidates
Fufa confirmed that the season will have 15 teams with four rising up from the respective...
- Nagorno-Karabakh: BBC reporter gets rare access inside conflict-hit region
Journalists' access to the region has been tightly controlled since the Azerbaijan's military recent assault.
- Lampedusa: Inside the camp at the heart of Europe’s migrant surge
At least 10,000 migrants arrived on Italy's Lampedusa island last week, stretching local resources.
- Florida police stop 10-year-old driver on highway
Boy and 11-year-old sister found 200 miles from where they were reported missing by mother.
- Karabakh fears grow as thousands left on streets
Food convoy arrives in the disputed enclave as US senators call for international monitors.
- Ukraine claims Sevastopol strike hit navy commanders
Kyiv says senior officials in Russia's Black Sea fleet were present, but did not offer evidence.
- Man on the run for 32 years giggles as he is cuffed
Greg Lawson, 63, was found guilty of second degree attempted murder in 1991, but fled during his trial.
- Wagner deserter Andrey Medvedev held over bid to return to Russia
It is the latest colourful incident involving Andrey Medvedev, who has been in Norway since January.
- China sentences Uyghur scholar to life in jail
Rahile Dawut loses appeal against a charge of endangering state security, a rights group says.
Get to Know Your Presenters
From The Best Diaspora Radio