News in Uganda
- Over 13, 000 children defiled, 300 infected with HIV in 2023 - report
Out of the total victims, 12, 818 were females while 326 were males. 97 of these were defiled...
- Court outlaws payment of Shs100,000 in Stamp Duty
The Constitutional Court has ruled that all the licences and certificates that were targeted by...
- Property worth millions lost in Kalungu school fire
The Friday fire occurred at around 4:30am when learners were sleeping, but the matron was able...
- TikToker remanded over abusing Kabaka, Museveni
Ibrahim Musana alias Pressure24/7 was arraigned before the Chief Magistrates Court at Buganda...
- Govt to register, licence land brokers in new real estate law
The regulation is contained in the Real Estate Bill, 2024 which the Ministry of Lands, Housing...
- Rugumayo, Kamulindwa go for jugular
Actually, Rugumayo and Kamulindwa put up the best displays Uganda has ever managed. Rugumayo’s...
- Katakwi District planner remanded over land fraud
Mr Martin Aleli appeared before the Katakwi grade one magistrate Agnes Abalo who read to him...
- Over 590 environmentalists to benefit from Shs2b project
The three-year project also intends to, among others, empower smallholder farmers to seek...
- Eight in hospital after smell Sweden security HQ
Hundreds of security service workers are evacuated after reports of an unusual smell in the building.
- Spanish police search gutted flats after 10 killed
Cladding as well as high winds are being blamed for the flame in the 14-floor complex in Valencia.
- US targets Russia with more than 500 new sanctions
The new restrictions are related to Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the death of Alexei Navalny.
- Navalny's mother 'given hours to agree to secret burial'
The Putin critic's spokeswoman says his mother was told he would be buried in the prison if she did not agree.
- Netanyahu lays out plan for Gaza after the war
It would see long-term Israeli security control and non-Hamas Palestinians running the territory.
- Germany legalises cannabis, but makes it hard to buy
Under the law backed by MPs, possession will be legal, but strict rules mean it will be complicated.
- First private Moon mission marks new era for space travel
Odysseus' successful landing has sparked excitement around a possible expansion of the lunar economy.
- Top sumo wrestler demoted due to student's violence
Japan's sumo association demoted Hakuho in his role as a trainer and forced him to take a pay cut.
Get to Know Your Presenters
From The Best Diaspora Radio